2008-04-20

The Weekend In Review

It was the one hundred and eighty third day of the twenty-fifth year of this life and...

Yesterday was a blah day, neither one of Uus had much energy and Wwe had errands to run. First was a stop over at a manufactured home dealer to see if Wwe had good enough credit to get a house. Before you ask, the two big debts they look at are student loans and child support, and Wwe're in the hole 10k each. But hey, there was a $10 gas promotion just for coming out. That's like 1/3 a tank in our car with current prices [just paid 29.09 for a full tank]. Next was a stop at the WHRI farm where Wwe didn't find any veggies for sale Wwe wanted. I also used a compost toilet for the first time. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. A quick stop at the Goodwill Computer store was just as fruitless, and it's also been decided I'm just going to build a computer one piece at a time.

Today was a more productive day. A trip to BBB to get My girl a heating pad and nothing for Me for once. Walmart was the next stop to get a toy for the DS [23m] and everything I needed to change the oil [$100 hit to the wallet]. What!? I needed tools, plus an air filter, and enough oil for 2-3 more changes. Don't look at Me like that. A quick stop at HEB yielded a few more things I needed for cooking, then it was home. After lunch and a little cleaning came the work on the car and the worst part of this month by far. When I moved the tarp to get to the tools I stirred up a couple kittens that had been abandoned by a stray. After a talk over what Wwe were going to do [and the shelter was closed so that was out] I sent her inside and did what needed to be done. They were too sick and deformed to survive on their own or without intensive care so I showed what mercy I could. I still don't like what I had to do but it had to be done and the shelter would have done the same just with drugs instead. But like I said, it needed to be done and I've lived in the country far too long to think otherwise.

Well that's it, I'm signing off to go fix dinner.

1 comment:

Disney Diaries said...

Oh how I long for the days when $29 filled up a tank . . .